Valley Salud’s mission is to serve youth (ages 9-17), young adults (ages 18-25), parents/caregivers, and members of their support system from underserved or marginalized communities in Cameron, Hidalgo, and Willacy Counties who have a history of trauma, use substances, experiencing mental health concerns, and who are at high risk for developing behavioral health conditions.
- In-person, home-based, virtual, or telephonic service delivery
- Conduct screenings relating to Adverse Childhood Experiences, substance use, Social Determinants of Health, and more
- “Nurturing Families” instructional lessons from 60-90 minutes, 5 to 20 sessions once or twice a week as necessary
- Learn 2 Breathe mindfulness curriculum for youth and adults, aimed at identifying needs related to stress, anxiousness, feeling sad, or angry
- Mindfulness is the practice of becoming aware of one’s present-moment experience with compassion and openness as a basis for wise action. This curriculum is intended to strengthen attention and emotion regulation, cultivate wholesome emotions like gratitude and compassion, expand the repertoire of stress management skills, and help participants integrate mindfulness into daily life.
Serving Cameron, Hidalgo, & Willacy County
For more information:
(956) 787-0004, ext. 14